Starting your own business is no easy feat. If you are starting an independent business without the support of a franchise system, it can be tough to get your feet off the ground. Once you are on the path to success and you’ve made it over that hump of uncertainty, the next step is to grow your business. When franchising, it may take less time to get where you want to be, thanks in part to proven systems, the vast number of contacts in your newly founded network, as well as the support of your fellow franchisees and franchisors. But, there are still steps you can follow in order to grow your business accordingly.
- Target Other Markets
- Now that you’ve got a handle on the basics, why not consider expanding? When it comes to franchising with Weed Man, investing in an additional territory is often simple and the natural next step in growing your business. Doing so will allow you to target other, potentially lucrative markets and gain more market share. In addition, Weed Man offers a declining royalty structure, which rewards franchise owners for growing their business. If you are an independent business owner, consider opening up another location in a different area, but ensure the location you choose is a suitable market for your company and product.
- Form an Alliance
- Partnering with another business owner is a great way to generate more work, additional customers and a larger community presence. First, ensure that the other business’s product and/or services mesh well with your current product or service offerings. For instance, if you own a pest control company, you could partner with a lawn care company to contract out their services to your existing customers, and vice versa – countless cross-marketing opportunities exist. Another option is diversifying your services and forming an alliance with a national franchise, or doing it on your own. For example, if you own a landscaping company, why not offer lawn care services to meet the growing needs of your customer base?If you are considering a franchise to help grow your business, Weed Man currently has several franchising opportunities available throughout the U.S. For more information, visit weedmanfranchise.com.
- Focus on Your Online Presence
- In today’s day and age, the Internet is a terrific resource for free and/or inexpensive marketing. If you’re not online, you’re missing out on a lot of potential business. Invest some time in bettering your web presence by working on your website’s SEO, as well as getting onto social media outlets and engaging your customers. This is a great way to see what people are saying about your business, too! If you’re not comfortable doing it yourself, analyze your budget and hire someone to do it for you.
- Sell, Sell, Sell
- Focusing on sales, whether you’re a new business or an already-established one, is imperative. According to Forbes, if you own a new business, 80 per cent of your day should be spent on sales – reviewing, recording, customer retention, etc. If you are already established, you should still be spending 30 per cent of your time on selling. After all, without those sales, where would you be?
Starting your own business is not a get-rich-quick solution. However if you are fortunate enough to own a successful venture, expansion and diversification are great options for bettering your company. Franchising gives you the security of working with a business model that has been proven to be successful, removing much of the risk for aspiring entrepreneurs. If you or someone you know is interested in franchising with us, feel free to visit www.weedmanfranchise.com for more information.