Starting a business is no easy feat, but taking the road to entrepreneurship is a dream for many. The idea of being your own boss is appealing and being in control of your own destiny only makes the pie taste sweeter. But before you sit down and write up your business plan, consider your options. Franchising, in any industry, can offer you everything you’ve dreamed of, including business success and the chance of owning your very own business.
If you decide to start from the bottom, on your own…
- Beware of product risk. It’s important that you’re 100% confident in the product you’re selling. Choosing your product(s) may sound like a simple task, but make sure you do your research so you can clearly explain the product itself, as well as what problem it solves and why your customers should invest in it.
- Know your market. Study your potential customers, learn about their personalities, likes, dislikes, buying habits, demographic etc. This can take up a lot of time, but it’s imperative to know who you’re selling to and whether the market is big enough to even pursue.
- Be prepared financially. You never know what unexpected costs are going to pop-up when you’re starting your own business from the ground up. Have more than you need in the bank prior to your launch. To be fully prepared, you’ll need to create a detailed business plan with weekly, monthly and yearly schedules. This will also be time-consuming, but it will help build confidence in your potential investors, if you plan to seek financial help elsewhere.
- Recruit the right people. The idea of leading a one-man show is ideal, no doubt; but if you’re planning to grow your business, it’s important to have a reliable, knowledgeable staff to lean on. Employee retention is a concern when it comes to many business owners, so make sure you hire people who are knowledgeable in your industry of choice and ones who plan to be long-term employees.
- Lastly, execution. New entrepreneurs can easily get distracted by the excitement of starting their own business and often lose sight of the important stuff. It’s important that you stay calm, organized and keep your overall strategy in mind while running your business.
What franchising can offer…
- Weed Man’s exclusive blend fertilizer cannot be bought in stores. It has served our customers’ needs for over 45 years and that is priceless. Because we purchase in bulk, our franchisees get to take advantage of our national buying power and receive the best pricing available.
- We know our market. In fact, we utilize data management software to pin-point the exact demographic of our customers, right down to their income, number of children (if any), occupation, what type of car they drive, specific buying habits and more. We offer an impressive customer retention rate of 75-80% and our franchisees also enjoy recurring revenues year after year.
- Once we determine that the Weed Man franchise opportunity is a good fit for both parties involved, we are happy to help provide financing assistance, if needed.
- Our network of Weed Man franchisors represents decades of lawn care operation experience, which has been fine-tuned into a system that allows franchisees to run a successful lawn care company with no prior lawn care or agronomic training or knowledge.
- The entire Weed Man organization is 100% dedicated to providing franchisees with the best possible opportunity available. We’ve developed a training, systems and support network unlike any other and when you join the Weed Man family, we work together to ensure that you receive all of the support you need in order to excel in your new business.
For more information on the Weed Man franchise opportunity, visit us online at www.weedmanfranchise.com or call 888-321-9333.