Do you feel like there aren’t enough hours in a day? You’re not alone! When you’re a business owner, especially, it can be difficult to get everything done. And although some distractions are inevitable, and you might think working through your lunch break will decrease your work load (TIP: it won’t!) – there are a number of ways that we, at Weed Man, maximize our productivity.
- Plan in advance. This might mean something different for everyone, but our first tip comes down to being organized. Spend a few minutes the night before each day to get on track and save you the hassle of stressing the next morning.
- Get plenty of rest. Being well-rested has been linked to productivity for as long as we can recall, and it’s true. Getting the suggested 8 hours of sleep per night really does wonders. Wake up refreshed and ready to start your day.
- Eat breakfast. As they say, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Don’t skip it! Provide your body with the nutrients it needs (and deserves) to keep your energy up. Coffee never hurts either.
- Don’t just drive. Weed Man USA’s COO, Jennifer Lemcke, spends her morning commute brainstorming ideas for the day ahead. The drive to the office every morning is very important to her.
- Fashionably late isn’t fashionable. As a business owner, arriving to the office early is a great way to keep not only yourself on track, but also your employees. It also allows you to get more done – especially after that brainstorming session on your drive into work!
- Stay focused and have goals. Do you have certain tasks that you dread? Complete those ones first. Minimize your distractions –turn off your email notifications, commit to not surfing Facebook and turn your phone on to silent mode – in order to successfully keep your goals in sight at all times. If you have a number of things to do, try setting a timer for individual tasks and make it into a game.
- Give yourself a break. This is an important one. Taking time away from your desk is imperative for maximizing your productivity, whether it be taking a half hour lunch break or committing to not working on the weekends. This goes hand-in-hand with maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
- Ask for help. “When you’re hit with a challenge, don’t think you’re alone. Reach out to others and listen to what they have to say, and learn. It’s okay not to have all of the answers. One of Weed Man’s biggest assets is having a great network to reach out to,” Lemcke says, while discussing her best advice for franchisees.
- Reward yourself. After a productive day, week, or month, don’t forget to reward yourself. Setting goals and achieving them is something to be proud of! Don’t forget to reward your employees for a job well done. A simple pat on the back is all it takes to boost office morale.
- Love what you do! Last, but most definitely not least, love your job. At Weed Man USA, we pour our hearts into what we do – and it is that, along with many other things, that has allowed us to become to #1 Lawn Care Franchise.
If you are a business owner, or if you are an aspiring entrepreneur, being productive is imperative. When franchising with Weed Man USA, we provide you with effective tools and an unparalleled support network, to help you stay on track and remain productive, in order to achieve success in your business.
If owning a business is something that you’ve seriously considered, or if you already own a business and are looking for an additional profit center, Weed Man is a great option! We would be happy to meet you, guide you and help you form a strategic partnership. For more information on franchising with Weed Man USA, visit http://www.weedmanfranchise.com.