Building relationships with customers is a fundamental aspect of being a business owner – quite simply, you can’t run a business without clients. But what does it take to retain customers and build brand loyalty? Let’s take a look at the top 5 ways to get customers to love your business:
- Be Honest. All too often, business owners promise their customers the world and aren’t able to deliver when push comes to shove. If you’re looking to build lasting relationships based upon a culture of trust, then don’t make promises you can’t – or don’t intend to – keep. Foster a culture of honesty within your business by keeping communication clear, concise, and, above all, truthful.
- Listen to What Your Customers Have to Say…and Respond! While it is true that the majority of individuals only speak out when they’re unhappy, don’t let this deter you from listening to valuable feedback. If you’re confronted by an unhappy customer – whether through an online review site, via email, or on the phone – always be sure to listen and respond. Avoid becoming aggressive or confrontational. Often, a simple apology will do the trick and can convince an angry customer on the verge of severing ties with your business to stay with you for the long haul.
- Customer Service, Customer Service, Customer Service. Should we repeat that one more time? Nothing will help you improve retention more than enhancing the service you provide to customers. There really isn’t much that makes people happier than top-of-the-line support – especially in a day and age where it has become such a rarity. The key, however, is delivering the best service not just once, but time and time again. If you truly want to impress your customers and keep them with you for years to come, then you must consistently train your frontline staff to be friendly, enthusiastic representatives of your business.
- Say Thanks. If you have customers who have been with you for an extended period of time, don’t forget to say thanks! A small discount, priority booking, or extra reward points can go a long way. You want to show your clients that they are more than just a number and that you appreciate their patronage.
- Rise Above the Competition. Customers have many choices when purchasing a product or service. What makes you different? What makes you better? Don’t strive to be just another brand in today’s competitive market. Embrace your differences and make them public. If you offer a superior product, tell the world! If you offer a tool to make customers’ lives easier, communicate this to them each and every chance you get.
Getting customers to love your business isn’t as difficult as you may think. Sometimes all it takes is honesty, open communication, and tried and true customer service.
Brought to you by Weed Man. For information regarding franchise opportunities in your area, visit us online at www.weedmanfranchise.com or call 1-888-321-9333.